Thank you for visiting the Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District website. Our fire department is staffed by paid employees who are certified fire fighters, paramedics, and EMTs. We encourage community support through education, donations, and volunteers.
Our main station is located in Dolan Springs, Arizona and the other station is in Meadview, Arizona. In addition to providing fire suppression services, we also provide Advanced Life Support ambulance response and transport, covering approximately 2,000 square miles. Please see the Fire and Medical pages for details and more specific information. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for general questions and answers.
If you found this page looking for more information on Dolan Springs, the Grand Canyon West, or other surrounding areas, please visit our Community page for general community information, links, and desert awareness issues.
Please utilize the menus at the top of the page to locate the information or resource needed. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We will assist you in any way that we can!
Receptionist Job Description LMRFD.2017
EMPLOYMENT / VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
ANNEXATION REQUEST FORM
2016 FIRE BOARD ELECTION
Requirements to run for the Board are:
- Must be over 18 years of age, a registered voter, and living in the Fire District.
- You can look up your property address on the Mohave County Assessor site to determine whether you live in the District. http://www.mohavecounty.us/ContentPage.aspx?id=111&cid=869
- The 6 hour education requirements for Board Members must be completed within 1 year AFTER elected. Training may be taken by mail or at an Arizona Fire District Association conference and includes open meeting law, Fire District finance, and other statutory things Board Members need to know. The next AFDA conference is in July 2016.
- Board Member terms are staggered, 4 and 2 years, so with 5 all new members, the top 3 vote getters would have 4 year terms, the remaining 2 would have 2 year terms. In November 2016 the 2 bottom vote getters would run for election again.
- A person can sign up to 5 different petitions for persons running for a Board Member position. If only 5 people run, no election is required and the Board of Supervisors can appoint the Board. There need to be at least 3 people seated on the Board to make a quorum.
HOW TO PETITION AS A CANDIDATE FOR THE LMRFD FIRE BOARD (SIMPLIFIED)
Please visit the Mohave County Elections Dept. webpage for more detailed info: http://www.mohavecounty.us/ContentPage.aspx?id=118&cid=503
1. You must file the $500 Threshold Exemption Statement (BEFORE the time of filing your Nomination Paper), at the Elections Dept. (upstairs in the County building at 700 W. Beale). If you intend to receive or spend MORE than $500 in campaign funds, or if that happens at any point during your campaign, you must submit the “Statement of Organization” to the Elections Dept.
2. The Nomination Petition must be printed on both sides of one piece of paper.
3. You will need a minimum of 7 signatures and a maximum of 250 to get on the ballot. It is recommended that you do collect more than 7, as sometimes signors may be disqualified for various reasons. You cannot begin collecting signatures until the date to do so is announced, or they will be disqualified. Confirm the date with the Elections Dept.
4. It is important to remember to file your “Termination Statement”, within 90 days after the election, to avoid a $100 penalty.
CANDIDATE FILING CHECKLIST
$500 THRESHOLD EXEMPTION STATEMENT