Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District – Board of Directors/Members
The Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District is governed by a five-member board, who are elected to their positions by the residents of Dolan Springs and Meadview, Arizona. This is in accordance with A.R.S. 48-803. Board Members serve a four-year term and receive no compensation for this service.
Board of Directors:
Steve Berg – Chairman
Michael Karash – Clerk
BOARD MEETING DISCLOSURE STATEMENT, AMENDED
STATEMENT OF WHERE ALL NOTICES OF THE MEETINGS OF THE GOVERNING BOARD FOR THE LAKE MOHAVE RANCHOS FIRE DISTRICT WILL BE POSTED
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02, The Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District of Dolan Springs, Arizona hereby states that all notices, agendas and minutes of the meetings of the Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District Governing Board and any of its committees and subcommittees will be posted at the following locations:
- LMRFD Station 41 located at 16126 Pierce Ferry Road, Dolan Springs, AZ
- LMRFD Station 43 located at 30250 N. Stillwater Dr., Meadview, AZ
- The Dolan Springs Chamber of Commerce
- The Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District website at www.lmrfd.org
~FIRE BOARD ELECTION INFORMATION~
Requirements to run for the Board are:
- Must be over 18 years of age, a registered voter, and living in the Fire District
- You can look up your property address on the Mohave County Assessor site to determine whether you live in the District at
- The 6 hour education requirements for Board Members must be completed within 1 year AFTER elected. Training may be taken by mail or at an Arizona Fire District Association conference and includes open meeting law, Fire District finance, and other statutory things Board Members need to know. The next AFDA conference is in January 2018.
- Board Member terms are staggered, 4 and 2 years; so with 5 all new members, the top 3 voted totals would have 4 year terms and the remaining 2 would have 2 year terms. In November 2016 the 2 bottom voted totals would run for election again.
- A person can sign up to 5 different petitions for persons running for a Board Member position. If only 5 people run, no election is required and the Board of Supervisors can appoint the Board. There need to be at least 3 people seated on the Board to make a quorum.
You can visit www.mohavecounty.us and go to the Elections section for more information